Cardio Metabolic Health
Cardio-metabolic health or syndrome is a term that encompasses a combination of metabolic dysfunctions characterized by insulin resistance, impaired glucose tolerance, dyslipidemia, elevated blood pressure and central obesity or “belly fat”.
Cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, including type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome, two very common medical conditions in the United States. Collectively, such conditions are the leading cause of preventable death for men and women worldwide.
- As many as 1 in 3 American adults have insulin resistance and do not know it
- About 1 in 3 adults have high blood pressure
- Over 1 in 3 American adults are overweight or obese
- 1 in 3 adults over the age of forty have metabolic syndrome
- More than 1 in 3 American adults have cardiovascular disease
A cardio-metabolic health examination is important for any individual who wants an in depth evaluation of their cardio-metabolic health to determine early and treatable disease states. It generally includes:
and a careful explanation of your current heart health with specific cutting edge evidenced-based-medicine recommendations based on what is discovered. This level of medical attention and aggressive preventative management is what high end, detail oriented individuals need to maintain their edge.
HOW IT WORKS