Prostate Cancer Diagnosis & Treatment with Multiparametric MRI
Did you know that:
- 80% of men will be diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in their lifetime
- There are 220,000 new cases each year
- 3,000,000 men are living with prostate cancer
- 28,000 men die from prostate cancer each year
Know Your Numbers! Get Comprehensive Lab Work Done Today!
DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS A NEW STATE OF THE ART OPTION FOR PROSTATE DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT?
It is called Multiparametric MRI and it is a new option for the detection and localization of prostate cancer for men with abnormal PSA levels.
A diagnostic MRI creates a detailed cross-sectional image of the prostate gland without an invasive procedure. A Board Certified Radiologist then examines the images using Computer Aided Detection to identify areas in the gland that look suspicious; these areas may be further evaluated through a targeted MRI-guided biopsy and as needed be immediately treated by target specific laser ablation.
Check out this video where Dr. Rob explains more:
ARE YOU A CANDIDATE FOR PROSTATE MRI?
You should always speak to your primary care physician or your urologist if you believe that you may benefit from prostate MRI and/or MRI-guided prostate biopsy. Our primary criteria to evaluate if you are a candidate for prostate MRI is:
- Patients with a serum PSA greater than 4 and a negative trans-rectal ultrasound guided (TRUS) biopsy.
- Patients with positive digital rectal examination and a negative result from a TRUS biopsy.
- Patients with proven prostate cancer from a TRUS biopsy to exclude additional cancer or extension of cancer outside the prostate gland.
- Patients who have been treated for prostate cancer with radical prostatectomy, radiation therapy, cryotherapy, or HIFU when there is concern for recurrence of the prostate cancer (Biochemical recurrence).
There are currently only a few facilities offering this revolutionary treatment: Desert Medical Imaging in California http://desertmedicalimaging.com/our-services/prostate/ and Sperling Prostate Center with locations in Florida and New York City. http://sperlingprostatecenter.com/
ReNue Health is located conveniently in Springboro, Ohio with easy access from Dayton International Airport, Cincinnati International Airport or the adjacent Wright Brothers Private Airport (MGY) for those travelling by private aviation. Click here for directions and contact information.
Only one visit is necessary to perform a comprehensive history, interview, and education. Follow up evaluations, adjustments and balancing of hormones are done by phone or written communications and a return visit to Dr. Rob is not necessary. Ongoing testing and adjustment is mandatory and performed through a laboratory convenient to your home.
Haven’t Been Feeling Like Yourself Lately?
It’s that nagging feeling that something does not feel quite right and you can’t put your finger on it. You’re a busy person and your own health is the last thing you have time to think about, but think again!